Friday, March 8, 2019

PROPS RESEARCH

Hi people! Happy Friday, it’s the weekend woohoo!!
So today I did some research on making fake blood and gravestones that we will be using throughout our film opening.

We researched multiple ways of making blood and what kind of blood we wanted to make and we finally decided on making oxygen-depleted blood and guts so I did some research and this is what I found.
To make oxygen-depleted blood I will need:
· 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
· 1/3 cup Tide laundry detergent
· 4-6 teaspoons red food coloring 

And to make guts I will need to make blood using the same recipe and just tear thin strips of toilet paper to stir into the blood until the texture is achieved.

This is the link I used to make the blood if you want to check out what I am attempting to make:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/how-to/a35075/how-to-make-fake-blood/

I also did research on gravestones and how to make one. This website I came across, “The Roanoke Times” gave descriptive details on how to make a gravestone that looks real.
Here’s what they suggested:
For a paint effect:
· Tombstone background: Dark gray or black latex paint
· Cup of sand
For highlights:
· Light gray paint
· Black acrylic paint
· Orange/tan paint
· Shades of green paint for moss
· Model railroad turf
Tools:
· Jigsaw with long blade
· Hacksaw to put PVC pipe
· Razor blade or X-ACTO knife
· Pocketknife
· Foamboard adhesive
· Urethane glue
· Paint roller and brushes
· Pen or marker

and this is what it'll look like:
https://www.roanoke.com/arts_and_entertainment/diy-tombstones-turn-your-yard-into-a-graveyard-for-halloween/article_9caf32f4-6a6f-5ee3-ae2c-2f1c793a5846.html

My group and I will be getting together to make this gravestone within the next week so that we are ready to begin filming. I am excited to see how our final gravestones and blood will come out. I’ll keep you updated throughout the entire process (:

Talk to you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Below I included my Creative Critical Reflection which is a reflection of my process throughout this project including the good and the bad....