Friday, March 1, 2019

SCOUTING LOCATIONS

Hi again!! Happy Friday!!

Today I decided to go scout a couple locations for the film opening. I, along with my group, decided that we needed to shoot in a park that we can make look like a cemetery. We decided on a couple places such as Vista View Park and Markham Park. (I'll attach photos I took below) The amount of grass and fields in these parks will make it possible to spread out tombstones in which we will be making. (I’ll be sharing that process with you guys as we make them so wooohooo!!!) We also need a place where we can shoot with empty walls so we’ll probably be shooting at one of our houses in order to accomplish that. We aren’t 100% sure on the details for that yet but we will be for sure attempting to create a cemetery.
Since we plan on shooting outside I looked up some tips on how to achieve good shots without the lighting affecting it. 

Heres a little bit of what I found on Premium Beat, a shutterstock company:
Film during the middle of the day so the light isn't as harsh, use the sun as a backlight (this is a tip I am definitely using when I decide to film the cemetery scene), use the sunrise and sunset, invest in filters for camera lens, make use of flags and reflectors, use the right lenses when filming shots. 

I also found a YouTube video by Film Riot, I linked the video below if you're interested in the tips I was given. (:

Here are some photos of the places I scouted if you are all curious of where we plan on shooting:




Thank you for reading my blog!

Hope you keep coming back for some more information on our journey to filming this film opening!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Below I included my Creative Critical Reflection which is a reflection of my process throughout this project including the good and the bad....