Thursday, February 21, 2019

DECIDING ON A GENRE

Hey there, Welcome to my blog!!
My name is Alexis and I am a senior at Cypress Bay. I have been interested in film and the production within since I was about seven years of age. My neighbor, who I grew up with as my babysitter, is a filmmaker who began making "movies" of almost every genre at home with friends and now has three independent short films with her first full length movie coming out soon. Growing up around her as a filmmaker has lead me to see the inside of filmmaking and see all that goes into it from raising money for the film, to the final product being accomplished. When I heard about this project I was excited for the day in which I could finally begin working on creating my own film opening.

Knowing this project was approaching quickly, I decided to brainstorm genres and ideas ahead of time. I spent time thinking of ways in which I could successfully create a film opening that was memorable. The genre in which I decided on is the horror genre. Since I was young I always had interest in horror movies and how they are made to look so real and bring awareness to things that happen in real life. With that being said I am going to attempt to stick with the horror genre for my film opening. I'm not sure on an exact idea yet but after the research I plan doing I will have more of an idea on how I want to open my film.

I will keep you guys updated with my final idea within the next couple posts. Thank you for checking out my blog. Hope you continue stopping by to eventually see the final product. Talk to you all soon! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

Below I included my Creative Critical Reflection which is a reflection of my process throughout this project including the good and the bad....